About the Position
War Drum Studios is seeking a Senior 3D Artist to help create assets with the best techniques and methods. Leverage your experience and knowledge to guide our other artists at the studio. You will work directly with our studio leads to develop an efficient work flow of modeling, texturing, and lighting assets for an Unreal Engine 4 game. Your work will encompass all aspects of asset creation and the creative process. The ideal candidate is proficient in creating and working with art assets in multiple game engines, including but not limited to Unreal Engine 4.
- Create 3D models and realistic materials for a variety of in game objects in varying styles
- Modify and improve upon existing game assets
- Create asset pipelines and style guides to directly assist the other studio artists
- Guide and contribute creatively to art team discussions, critiques and game development ideas
- Maintain the production pipeline and meeting deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Animation or related field
- 3 years minimum game industry experience with successful shipped titles
- A portfolio which demonstrates excellent 3D modeling skills and range of style
- Proficient in Autodesk Maya and Adobe Photoshop
- Texturing experience (2D, PBR)
- Strong understanding of lighting, composition, color theory, atmosphere, materials and textures.
- Ability to work well with teammates and autonomously
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Detail-oriented & extremely well-organized
- Relocation to Gainesville, FL – this position is not remote. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Good to Have
- Previous work with Unreal Engine 4
- Knowledge of industry standard software such as Substance or SpeedTree
Email firstname.lastname@example.org directly to apply